Exceptional care and family values are at the core of all we do at Lane Animal Hospital. As such, we felt incumbent to reach out to you and let you know what measures we have in place to continue to provide for your family’s pet medical needs, in what promises to be an ever evolving situation with Covid-19 Pandemic.
- We have increased our efforts to mitigate the spread of any contagion with strenuous, continuous disinfection of all hard surfaces and mandating the donning of masks and gloves for all personnel for all shifts.
- We have closed our lobby temporarily and are implementing mandatory “curb-side” admission for all services. A member of our team will happily meet you at your car and transport your pet(s) in and out of our hospital to decrease unnecessary social interaction. Cats must be brought for appointments in a carrier, dogs will be brought into the hospital on 2 of our leashes. Small dogs may also be brought in a carrier. We do have a limited number of carriers in the building clients may borrow for appointments if needed.
- Services may be provided outside our exam rooms, in a large treatment area to further insulate everyone from potential exposure. This is in keeping with the stringent guidelines set forth by CDC, AVMA and Washtenaw County’s Health Department.
- We have NOT changed our hours of operation, but we have scaled back significantly on staffing. This may make it impossible for us to guarantee that the doctor of you choice is available for your pet. We will do our best to accommodate your personal preference, but ask your understanding of this scheduling protocol at this time.
- We are prepared to offer TELE-MEDICINE as an alternative to some traditional exams-these will be case by case, but available from our doctors when deemed appropriate, to provide best medicine in the safest environment
- We are NOT cancelling any currently scheduled NON ELECTIVE procedures, but will be very conservative in scheduling surgeries going forward. This is in an effort to preserve what promises to be a limited amount of PPE (personal protective equipment) essential for surgical procedures. These resources are paramount to protect humans, and as such, precious and scarce.
- We are collaborating with Dr. Rode and her team at Chelsea Animal Hospital, in a combined effort to continue to offer best medical options for all the patients in our community.
- Effective immediately we will no longer offer ancillary services such as routine boarding and grooming. We have not cancelled our existing boarding reservations, but we will not be accepting any NON MEDICAL baths or boarding until further notice.
- We have placed clear bins at our front entrance which will house any medications or RX diets that need to be “picked up.” Again, there will be no public access to our lobby.
- We have set up PAYPAL and VENMO accounts to facilitate transactions for all medications, food and services, as additional options beyond our normal forms of payment.
- We are doing our best to keep adequate inventory level on hand, but we do anticipate more delays on future shipments. Our online pharmacy is an option to consider for medications and food.
We are committed to continue to serve the animal medical needs of our community today as we have for more than 100 years. Working together and being united in our commitment to maintain the safest environment for all, will take flexibility, sacrifice and congenitally. These are days of uncertainty and unprecedented circumstances, which will ask a bit more of our best efforts to navigate. We must do all we can to remain open as we are currently considered “an essential business.” If any member of our team is exposed to or becomes infected with Covid-19 we would likely be forced to close. We must take every precaution to prevent this.
Please be assured of our best wishes for good health and good cheer to you all. We remain grateful to be entrusted with your pet’s care!
Your Doctors and the entire Healthcare Team at Lane Animal Hospital